The Center for Youth and Family Solutions is committed to measuring our results and sharing program outcomes. Because the children and families we serve are facing serious crisis situations and coping with traumatic experiences, it is imperative that we are able to demonstrate the effectiveness of our services. Providing our stakeholders with a up-to-date information on client outcomes and the impact of our work is how we demonstrate the impact of CYFS services in our communities. Here are some recent results:
- Between July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014, our Adoption Program helped 186 children find permanent loving adoptive families.
Comprehensive Behavioral Health Counseling
- 82.7% of our clients reported the reason that brought them into therapy was either better or resolved completely.
- After six months, 83% of those receiving therapy and counseling services reported they had maintained the progress
- Our Foster Care Program was able help 261 children in foster care achieve permanency (by resolving issues that brought them into care so they could return home safely, or through adoption or guardianship), at a rate of 36.6% annually, which is above the established DCFS benchmark.
- Our Foster Care Programs exceed the State benchmarks for keeping our clients in stable caregiver parent placements and preventing unnecessary moves from one foster home to another.
Guardian Angel Residential Program for Youth
- In FY14, 100% of the youth discharged from our program moved to a family setting: 2 returned to their parents, 1 with extended family, and 4 were placed with foster parents.
- The average length of stay was 18.5 Months and reflects ability to provide effective treatment interventions.
- Historically, Guardian Angel Home has been able to provide “Treatment Opportunity Days” (TODR) at higher percentages than benchmarks established by DCFS. For Gill Hall we recently achieved a TODR rate of 100%, and in Edward Hall we achieved a rate of 99.6% which was 3.4% higher than the established benchmark. This reflects the stability of the children and a low incident rate of psychiatric hospitalizations, runaways, and incarcerations.
Intact Family Services
- 81.6% of the families served by our Intact Family Services avoided having their children placed in foster care by reducing the risks for their children, improving their parenting skills and increasing their family stability.
New Day Senior Services
- 98% of seniors served continue to live independently.
- 93% of seniors receiving mental health counseling services showed improvement and made progress toward their treatment goals
- 97% of participants in our community education classes increased their knowledge of mental health issues and community resources.
Youth, Family, and Community Outreach
Extended Family Support Program
- 25% of the families served became the legal guardian for the relative child living with them.
- 100% of satisfaction survey respondents reported being either satisfied or very satisfied with overall experience of program.
- 80% of the youth discharged from this program successfully completed services and avoided further criminal or delinquent activity while participating in our program.
Crisis Intervention for Runaways
- Annually, 94.8% of all closed cases result in family reunification or preservation or a long term family-generated-placement for the youth at case closure.
- 72.7% of youth and parents responding to the satisfaction survey reported being either satisfied or very satisfied with overall experience of program.
After School Tutoring Programs
- 92% of the youth in our after school tutoring programs advanced to the next grade level
System of Care Program
- 83.3% of satisfaction survey respondents reported being either satisfied or very satisfied with overall experience of program.