Requirements and Qualities of The Center for Youth & Family Solutions Adoptive Parents
To be considered for The Center for Youth and Family Solutions Adoption Program applicants are required to:
- Be either a single person or couple who have been together for at least one year.
- Possess adequate support from family, friends and the community regarding their decision to adopt.
- Be a stable, law abiding, responsible, mature individual(s)who is at lease 21 years of age and capable of passing a child abuse/neglect and criminal background check.
- Provide the names of family and unrelated individuals to attest to the applicant’s character.
- Provide sufficient resources to provided basic necessities for themselves and the child(ren) to be adopted. It is strongly recommended that the applicant (s) have some form of health and life insurance.
- Have an understanding of their own sense of personal history and how that helped form their values and attributes about racial, cultural, religious, and other similarities and differences.
- Be committed to and capable of serving as a link between their child and their child’s birth family regardless of differences.
- Be in good physical health and agree to have this verified by a physical examination as part of the homestudy process.
- Adopt Waiting Children prospective adoptive parents are also required to participate in the State of Illinois FOSTER PRIDE classes and The Center for Youth and Family Solutions Parent Skills Training.
Please note applicant(s) who previously worked with another agency must be willing to sign a Release of Information.